Providing school psychological services
Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, Harry Barnes has over 40 years of experience in education, having worked for Cincinnati Public School District, Dayton Public Schools, Mason City Schools and Princeton City Schools. In addition to urban and suburban school districts, Mr. Barnes has provided psychological services for charter and private schools.
His article, A Community of Readers, has been published six times. In it, Mr. Barnes describes his experience as a principal of an urban school, and how he successfully raised students’ test scores by developing and implementing a new school-wide model focused on improving reading comprehension skills.
Harry Barnes received his Bachelor of Science in Education and Masters of Education from the University of Cincinnati. He earned his certification in educational administration from Xavier University and also is a member of the South West Ohio School Psychologist Association (SWOSPA) and the Ohio School Psychologist Association (OSPA).
P.O. Box 40628
Cincinnati, OH 45240
Multi-factored Evaluation Details
When conducting a multi-factored psychological/educational evaluation, Harry Barnes identifies strengths and weaknesses of the student, and develops appropriate learning interventions and strategies to enable students to reach their full academic potential. The evaluation is broken down into four stages:
- Review intervention assistance team data
- Complete planning and prior written notice forms
- Complete parent consent form
- Explain “Who’s Idea Is It” guide to parents
- Assess student’s record
- Conduct cognitive and academic skills assessments
- Apply behavior rating and adaptive behavior rating scales (as needed)
- Observe classroom setting (as needed)
- Implement ADHD diagnostic scale (as needed)
- Obtain parent information and teacher’s evaluation
Evaluation Team Report
- Score and interpret tests protocols
- Integrate reports from evaluation team members
- Complete team summary
- Complete documentation of existence of SLD form (as needed)
Evaluation Team Meeting
- Share evaluation results with team members
- Complete eligibility determination form
Use the form below to contact us regarding your inquiry. Please be as detailed as possible and include specific document requests. To help us best service your inquiry, we recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling us what you want to achieve. You may also email or call us to make an appointment.